WHAT WE BELIEVE
Reflecting the love
of Jesus Christ.
At Delphi Methodist Church, we strive to build a community that reflects the love and acts of service of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We wish to connect with new disciples of Jesus through weekly ministries and to help guide each person on their spiritual journey.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Helpful tips for your first visit
We are located at 1796 North US Hwy 421, Delphi, IN 46923.
- We are 1/4 mile north of the Hoosier Heartland taking the US Hwy 421 exit.
- We are 1 mile south of the main traffic light in downtown Delphi.
- We are just south of the Delphi Community High School and their main baseball field.
Click here for a google map of our location.
We have over 150 spaces, half on blacktop and half on the gravel. We even have parking spaces just for you as a visitor as you enter the main parking lot (enter 2nd left).
- Our main doors are located off of the circular drive.
- These double doors will lead you into our Rotunda area and there you will find our Welcome Desk.
- Our Worship Center is located right off of our Rotunda.
- Our Nursery, bathrooms, and Children’s Areas are located down the south hallway to the left.
- Our office is to the immediate right upon entering the Rotunda.
We have a staffed nursery from 8:45am to 12:00pm for newborns up to age 3. Our nursery is located down the south hallway (left hallway once you are in the Rotunda). There is a sign-in and sign-out procedure, as well as a pager system to give to caregivers.
Midway through the service, the children (ages 3 to 3rd grade) will be dismissed for Children’s church (time of learning just for them!) However, you child is welcome to stay seated with you. Click here to check out our Kid’s Ministry. Twice a month, we have a special message geared for 4th and 5th graders during the Worship Service called Grapple. At the Children’s dismissal, Grapple kids are dismissed to go to their Grapple session.
Our 9am Service includes traditional hymns, Adult Choir, and responsive readings. The Lord’s Prayer is recited in unison at the end of prayer time.
Our 10:30am Service includes songs heard on Christian radio stations, praise choruses, and a Praise Team band.
Both services include a Children’s Message.
We observe Communion in various ways. Our 2 most used methods of serving Communion include:
- Traditional–each person walks forward and sits in the front row and is served the communion elements of bread
- Intinction–each person walks forward and is served a piece of bread to dip into the cup of juice.
Communion, or “The Lord’s Supper,” is open to anyone attending our service who desires to pursue Jesus with their life. You do not have to be a member of our church in order to take communion!